Our club was given the honor to receive the Best Educational Program of the Year and the Best Collaborative Event of the year for the 2016 - 2017 year from UCR's Student Life. ACM was one of the many BCOE student organization to receive awards for their efforts and achievements.
Best Educational Program of the Year
Best Collaborative Event of the Year
This award recognized Citrus Hack 2016. Citrus Hack is would not be possible without the collaboration between ACM and IEEE. Citrus Hack is a 36-hour hackathon held at UCR every Fall. Citrus Hack over 400 participants this year with over 50 projects.
Our goal for the 2017 - 2018 year is to transform the ACM clubroom into an epicenter for innovation and creativity. ACM is one of the few student organizations at UC Riverside that has a clubroom. To a normal student, the clubroom looks like any other lab room. To address that, we got a custom plaque made to be displayed above the room number's sign.
The 2017 - 2018 board also took this opportunity to thank Kyle Minshall, who has been with ACM with the previous 3 years holding 2 officer positions: Career Pathways Lead for 2015 - 2016 and President for 2016 - 2017. His contributions to the organization and it's members will be forever commemorated and establishes the standard ACM will hold itself to.
- President – John Pham
- Vice President – Patrick Le
- Secretary – Aaroh Mankad
- Treasurer – Sid Sharma
- Membership – Katie Fukuda
- Fundraising – Daniel Stinson-Diess
- Outreach – Neal Goyal
- Professional Development – Henry Doan
- Marketing – Maaz Mohamedy
Congratulations to you all! To all that applied, we appreciate your interest in the future of ACM and hope you apply again in the future. Looking forward to all that you will accomplish in the next year and on behalf of ACM boards present and past, we wish you nothing but the best!
General Meeting Times
New general meeting times are Even Weeks on Mondays from 7:00–8:00 PM in Bourns A265.
We have some fun activities planned. Check out the event details on the side for more info!
This quarter we will not be doing our traditional quarter-long workshop series as we've done in the past. This time, we're going to shift focus to more-varied, one-off workshops that are more self-contained. We have not set in stone any workshop topics, so if there's something you'd like to learn about, drop by our facebook page or send us an email.
Hacknight will be taking place on Tuesdays from 3:00–5:00 PM in WCH 127! Have a cool idea for a new project or want to work on something with friends? Come on by! We'd love to help you with things you're passionate about. We have mentors from fields ranging from Game Development to Web Development so I'm sure you'll find someone able to answer your question.
Events tentatively planned for the quarter
- Tabletop Game Night
- LAN Party
General Meetings will be taking place on odd weeks for Winter Quarter on Mondays, from 7:00-8:00 PM in WCH 205/206.
We are focusing mostly on professional development this quarter, and as such a lot of our in-meeting events and workshops are going to be detailed around that.
- Second General Meeting – Resume Building Workshop
- Fourth General Meeting – LinkedIn Workshop
Elections are going to take place at our Fifth General Meeting.
This is your opportunity to cast your vote for next year's ACM officers (2017-2018).
All board positions are elected and yes, your vote does count!
Language Learning Workshops
Our quarter-long workshop series for Winter is going to be a language-a-week model. Here are the language workshops in order:
- Learning Ruby
- Learning Java
- Learning C#
- Learning Python 3
- Learning Go
- Learning Swift
Each workshop will be self-contained and any notes/examples will be uploaded to our Facebook group for you to see!
Hacknight is back again, as always, for Winter Quarter. Sessions will be on Tuesdays from 5:00–7:00 PM in the ACM Clubroom, WCH 127.
If you are interested in extending your knowledge or expertise and would like to help out with any of the groups, please contact John Li, who is the Gamespawn coordinator for Hacknight this quarter.
We will be offering mock interviews this quarter. Sign up for a time using this form. We can do both phone or whiteboard interviews!
Is set to take place on May 20th! It's a 12-hour hackathon from 9 AM to 11:00 PM. Applications are open at cutiehack.com!
Is set to take place in the fall quarter of 2017. This is hopefully going to be our biggest hackathon yet and we are very excited about the developments. If you'd like to be a part of the awesome team that makes this event happen, we'd love to have you join! For everyone else, keep up to date with announcements by checking citrushack.com.
Become a member of ACM
Pay $20 to any officer, giving them your ID.
- Priority workshop enrollment
- Ability to participate in giveaways
- Access to 'Members Only' hardware
- Free T-Shirt!
Recurring Events and Announcements
- CS:GO will be starting Week 3! Each session will be covering introductory concepts related to programming such as which tools to use, how to use the commandline, an introduction to Linux, come common C++ pitfalls, and much much more!
- Citrus Hack The Inland Empire’s Premier Hackathon! Head on over to Citrus Hack to apply to be on our waitlist before it is too late! Let your friends know so your entire team can come! Citrus Hack takes place October 21st to the 23rd.
- Hack Nights! Wednesdays from 6-8 PM at the ACM Clubroom! Come work on your projects and assignments with other students!
- Tabletop Game Night will be on Friday, November 4th in the evening!
- LAN Party will be taking place Friday, November 21st in the evening!
- Hike to the C with SWE will be taking place Saturday, November 12th!